Karaoke-to-Text-with-Chords - History of development.
What's new in version 2.2?
- Recognition of chords is accelerated in 5 times.
What's new in version 2.1.3?
- French language of the interface added.
What's new in version 2.1?
- Interface localization system was considerably improved. Now you may change an interface language "on-the-fly", without restarting of program.
What's new in version 2.0.4?
- Ukrainian language of the interface added.
What's new in version 2.0.3?
- English help file is added.
- Some minor bugs are fixed.
What's new in version 2.0.2?
- Full support of western european codepage is added.
What's new in version 2.0.1?
- Italian language interface.
What's new in version 2.0?
Various ways of notes spelling (notes notations). There are various ways of writing of the notes (and, therefore, chords), accepted in the different countries. Karaoke-to-Text supports 3 various kinds of notations:
- "English" notation: C-D-E-F-G-A-B
- "German" notation: C-D-E-F-G-A-H
- "Italian" notation: DO-RE-MI-FA-SOL-LA-SI
So, for example, the Si-minor chord will look as "Bm" in the "English" notation, "Hm" - in the "German" notation, and "SIm" - in the "Italian" notation.
SmartChords© technology. In the version 2.0 of the program the new algorithm (SmartChords) of search of chords in a composition is applied. This technology has serious advantages in comparison with old searching algorithm:
- the quality of selection of chords on melodies of small and average complexity became much better;
- the operating time of algorithm of chords searching became in 5-6 times less.
However there are also restrictions in application of SmartChords technology:
- The key signature of a composition should be precisely determined. (In most cases the program correctly determines a key signature automatically, however sometimes there are exceptions and ambiguity);
- The key signature of a composition should not change during performance. (for example, if the second verse of a composition is performed on a tone above then chords for it can be picked up incorrectly);
- The quantity of recognizable chords is limited. So, if the old algorithm distinguished (not always correctly) about 1500 chords, the new one "knows" (for release date) 288 various chords. Generally, it can be ranked as an advantage of algorithm. :)
User can disable SmartChords technology If he wishes, then the chords will be determined by old algorithm.
- Tracks management. The opportunity to enable/disable tracks of a composition is added.
- Working with a fragment of a melody. Now it became easier for user to listen certain fragment of a melody and to rewind quickly to its beginning.
- Management of a beat duration. The beat is a time interval that equals to quarter of a measure (bar). The program determines one separate chord for each beat of a composition. Now duration of a beat can be modified by increasing or reducing it in 2 times.
- Playing on the keyboard. Now user can play a melody not only by mouse, but also on the keyboard of a computer. For this purpose 2 top rows of the keyboard are involved:
< g#b C#D# F#G#B c#d#>
| | | | | | | | | | |
` 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - = \
Q W E R T Y U I O P [ ]
| | | | | | | | | | | |
a h C D E F G A H c d e
- Localization. Now users have opportunity to make translation of the Karaoke-to-Text-with-Chords program to their native languages.
- Belarusian interface language is added.
- Disabling of the comments. Opportunity to disable insertion of MIDI file comments to a result textual file.
- The program became even more convenient in use. Some found out errors are corrected.
What's new in version 1.6?
- The multilingual interface is added. There is support of Russian and English languages for today.
- The autosearch of a key signature is added. The program can determine a key signature in which the melody of a composition is executed.
- Tempo management. Opportunity to slow down/accelerate playing of a melody.
- Adjustment of the piano keyboard. The user can change quantity of seen octaves on the keyboard of a piano.
What's new in version 1.5?
- The MIDI player improved. The work with tempo of a composition is completely altered. Now program correctly plays songs with varied tempo. (Look for example "A_cygan_idet... ").
- The Chords Finder is rebuilt and is considerably improved. Now chords are determined not only more precisely, but also in 2 times faster!
- Change in interface of the program. The view of the piano keyboard can be customized by the user.
- The loader of MIDI files is updated. Errors arising sometimes at loading of some files are corrected.
What's new in version 1.0?
- It is a first release of "Karaoke-to-Text-with-Chords" program. It works! :)